- Geochemistry and provenance of loess
- Geochronology of loess/paleosol sequences and dust MAR
- Loess/paleosol stratigraphy
- Loess as a paleoclimate archive
- Environmental evolution based on the study of paleosols
- Engineering geology of loess regions
- Loess in the cryo-environment
- Geomorphology and land-surface process in loess regions
- Caspian Sea Quaternary stratigraphy and palaeogeography
- September 23rd: Arrival and Registration. Ice-breaking party.
- September 24th: Scientific sessions. Conference Dinner.
- September 25th: Scientific sessions.
- September 26th: Field trip 1. Akhtuba river sections: Srednyaya Akhtuba, Leninsk.
- September 27th: Field trip 2. Volga river sections: Raigorod, Cherny Yar, Nizhneye Zaymishe.
- September 28th: Field trip 3. Tour of Volgograd city; Mamayev Kurgan and the Motherland Calls Memorial complex.
Huayu Lu, Nanjing University: «Chinese loess and Asian monsoon: A 30-year study».
Sergey Sedov, National Autonomous University of Mexico: «Polygenetic models for loessic paleosols: the clue to their correlation and paleoenvironmental interpretation».
Natalia Bolikhovskaya, Moscow State University: «Paleoenvironments and climatostratigraphy of the loess-paleosol reference sequences of East-European plain».
Gabor Ujvari, Hungarian Academy of Sciences: «Coupled European and Greenland last glacial dust activity driven by North Atlantic climate».
Junsheng Nie, Lanzhou University: «Pre-Quaternary
Slobodan Markovich, University of Novi Sad: «Eurasian loess stratigrpahy: from local nomenclatures to continental model»
Jan-Pieter Buylaert, Aarhus University: «Loess luminescence chronologies: recent developments».
Anu Kaakinen, University of Helsinki: «Stratigraphy and palaeoecology of the classic Late Neogene “Hipparion” faunas from the aeolian Baode red clay, Shanxi province, China».
Tamara Yanina, Moscow State University: «Caspian Sea Late Quaternary sea-level change: latest results».